|A&E Calendar • 09-12-2012||| Print ||
|Wednesday, 12 September 2012 16:26|
THEATRICAL & MUSICAL PERFORMANCES
● “Grey Gardens,” the humorous and heartbreaking Broadway hit musical about the eccentric aunt and cousin of Jackie Kennedy Onassis, is being presented by the Douglas Morrisson Theatre at 22311 N. Third St., Hayward through Sept. 30. Performances are at 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturdays, with 2 p.m. matinees on Sept. 16, 22, 23 and 30. For tickets ($20-$28) call 510-881-6777 of visit www.dmtonline.org.
● “Cats,” Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical phenomenon, will be presented by Woodminster Summer Musicals, opening under the stars this Friday at Woodminster Amphitheater in Joaquin Miller Park, 3300 Joaquin Miller Road, Oakland. Performances on Sept. 14, 15 at 8 p.m., and Sept. 13 and 16 at 7 p.m. Tickets ($27-$56) at 510-531-9597 or www.woodminster.com
● Photography exhibit presented by The Photo Phantom in tandem with “The Wild & Mild Things Are,” opens tomorrow and runs through Oct. 27 at Cinema Place Gallery, 1061 B St., Hayward. Photographers include Nick Calarco, John Finneran, Niall Mitchell and Barbara Swan. A reception will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 20.
● Larry White Photography will be on display through Nov. 6 at the Aitken Senior and Community Center, 17800 Redwood Road in Castro Valley. Stroll through the lobby to view innovative, eye-catching photos of this well-known, local and nationwide photographer. Larry White will give a speaking tour at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 18, starting in the lobby. For more information, call 510-538-3569.
● “I Can See Clearly Now...” an exhibition celebrating the members of the Sun Gallery at 1015 E Street in Hayward. Diverse works in oil and acrylic, ceramics, photography, sculpture and printmaking. Hours are 11-5 Wednesday-Saturday.
● Local Artists Exhibit presented by Artist’s Guild of the East Bay and Hayward Arts Council through Sept. 28 at the John O’Lague Galleria, Hayward City Hall at 777 B Street. For more information, visit www.eastbayartistguild.webs.com
● San Leandro Art Association Members Fall Show through Sept. 28 at the San Leandro Main Library, 300 Estudillo Ave., including paintings, mini-paintings, porcelain and photography. Hours: 10-8 Mon.-Thurs., 10-5:30 Fri., 10-5 Sat. and 12-4 Sun. Info at 510-635-5129.
● Foothill Arts of the Bay Gallery at 22394 Foothill Blvd., Hayward, presents art created by Hayward Arts Council’s New Members and Emerging Artists through Oct. 13. A public reception will be held from 1-3 p.m. this Saturday, Sept. 15. Hours: 10-4 Thursday, Friday, Saturday. For information, call 510-538-2787.
● “All Furry & Feathered Friends” Art Show at the San Leandro Senior Community Center, 13909 E. 14th Street, through Sept. 27, sponsored by the San Leandro Art Association. Hours: 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday-Friday. For information call 510-483-1915.
● “Evening for the Arts,” a fundraising dinner event for Sun Gallery’s Children’s Art Programs, will be held Friday, Sept. 21, at the Hayward City Hall Rotunda. Tickets ($35 prepaid) available at 510-581-4050.