|City Council to Hold Planning Session on Saturday||| Print ||
|Thursday, 24 January 2013 14:55|
Mayor Cassidy welcomes public to offer ideas for city’s goals for 2013
The public is invited to attend and offer their comments at San Leandro’s annual Planning Session this Saturday from 8:45 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Senior Community Center, 13909 East 14th St.
The City Council will review its progress over the past year and establish its goals for the coming year.
“The annual Planning Session is one of the most important meetings of the City Council,” stated Mayor Cassidy. “We welcome the input of the community in setting the goals and priorities for San Leandro.”
The goals for 2012-13 fiscal year are:
• Place the city on a firm foundation for long-term fiscal sustainability.
• Work with the community and all stakeholders towards completing major projects and programs for sustainable economic development.
• Provide quality public safety services and work in partnership with the community to keep San Leandro safe.
• Maintain and enhance the city’s infrastructure.
• Support programs, activities and communication that enhance the quality of life in San Leandro and promote a sense of community and civic pride.
• Maintain and support a strong positive relationship between the city and schools.
The Council will also receive an update on the city’s financial status at the planning session. This presentation will include year-to-date revenue and expenditure totals and information on upcoming projects and challenges that may impact city finances.
The afternoon portion of the planning session will be devoted to the development of new and updated City Council goals for the upcoming fiscal year.
The session will begin at 8:45 a.m., with coffee and light refreshments available at 8:30 a.m. Please bring a brown bag lunch if you will be staying through the lunch hour.
For more information, call the city manager’s office at 577-3351.